USC Campus-Wide Student Ethics Competition. Deadline to Participate, September 30, 2018.
The Neely Center Student Ethics Competition is open to all USC students. Submissions are invited in all areas of ethics and decision making including, but not limited to:
1. The intersection of technology and society
2. Business ethics
3. Public policy ethics
Submissions can be in any form such as a written article, a presentation , or video submissions themes in the past have included:
1. a case study exhibiting a real life decision that involves trade-offs and an ethical dilemma.
2. Reflections on what comprises an ethically sensitive decision culture and the impediments/inducers of ethical behavior
3. Fairness and equity issues with ethical implications
4. Unanticipated ethical considerations revolving around the future of technology
A distinguished panel of judges from USC and industry will evaluate the submissions and select the finalist and the winners. Finalist will present in our annual Ethics Conference, March 29th, 2019. The conference will include several world-renowned speakers from industry and academia.
First Prize $3,000 , Second Prize $2,000, Third Prize $1,000
September 30th, 2018—Intent to participate. Please email to email@example.com with your intent to
participate, so we may forward you follow up emails about USC resources to help you with the submissions.
Intent to participate should include a title and a brief abstract/description of the proposed work.
December 15th, 2018—Initial draft—So we may offer feedback from experts on your submission
February 15th, 2019—Second draft
March 1, 2019—Final submission
April 26, 2019—Announcement of winners and presentations at the Neely Center Annual Ethics
Published on September 7th, 2018
Last updated on September 7th, 2018