May 13th 2020
The PhD Hooding and Awards Ceremony will be held on May 13, 2020 in Bovard Auditorium.
- Doctoral students will be hooded by their Dissertation Committee Chair during the ceremony. If the Dissertation Committee Chair is not present, graduates will be hooded by their Department Chair.
- 7:30-8:00 a.m.: Student check-in in front of Bovard Auditorium
- 8:00-8:30 a.m.: Students and guests enter Bovard Auditorium and sit in assigned seats
- 8:30 a.m.: All students and guests must be in assigned seats inside Bovard Auditorium
- 8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.: Ceremony
- 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Reception with light refreshments will take place in Associates Park, located behind Bovard Auditorium.
Tickets are required for graduates and guests. Ticket information will be sent to graduates in April 2020.
- PhD Hoods are dark blue.
- All students place their rental orders for cap and gown online. The website is scheduled to be open February 13 (1st day of grad fest) and closes March 31st.
- You don’t have to pre-order your rental, the bookstore will have plenty of regalia available for walk ups beginning May 1st.
- Graduates must be wearing robes and caps in order to enter Bovard Auditorium. Graduates are advised to bring their doctoral hood with the button unfastened.
- Tassels should be worn on the right side of the cap.