Based on the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the university has decided that PhD Hooding and Awards Ceremony will be postponed. Please keep checking the website for further updates.
USC Commencement COVID-19 Update:
2020 USC Commencement in-person ceremonies are postponed. We plan to have an in-person, on-campus celebration that will take place once travel and large group events become safe and permitted. Please visit USC's Main Commencement website for further information and any concerns. Contact email@example.com for questions specific to Viterbi MS ceremonies and contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the PhD Hooding.
- Doctoral students will be hooded by their Dissertation Committee Chair during the ceremony. If the Dissertation Committee Chair is not present, graduates will be hooded by their Department Chair.
- 7:30-8:00 a.m.: Student check-in.
- 8:00-8:30 a.m.: Students and guests enter the venue and sit in assigned seats.
- 8:30 a.m.: All students and guests must be in assigned seats inside the venue.
- 8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.: Ceremony
- 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Reception with light refreshments.
Tickets are required for graduates and guests. Ticket information will be sent to graduates soon.
- PhD Hoods are dark blue.
- All students place their rental orders for cap and gown online.
- You don’t have to pre-order your rental, the bookstore will have plenty of regalia available for walk ups.
- Graduates must be wearing robes and caps in order to enter the venue. Graduates are advised to bring their doctoral hood with the button unfastened.
- Tassels should be worn on the right side of the cap.