Let’s Have a Safe and Happy Winter Break!
If you are leaving for the break, please remember to do the following:
- Remove or unplug all flammable holiday decorations, especially holiday lights (including LED lights) from your living space.
- Turn off all electrical devices and unplug unnecessary appliances to avoid the possibility of electrical fires. If you would like to leave your computer plugged in, use a surge protector!
- Remove perishable food from your room and your refrigerator.
- Suspend delivery of any services that are delivered directly to your door (newspapers, bottled water, etc.)
- If possible, take your valuable items with you when you leave. Jewelry, laptops and other small items are popular targets for burglars.
- Close and lock your windows. Close all shades and blinds. Turn off all lights. Be sure your door is closed and locked behind you!
Take Advantage of Operation GIFT!
What is Operation GIFT?
Operation G.I.F.T. (Group Initiative For Theft-prevention) is a crime prevention initiative that began in the winter of 2005 and has continued with great success. Although the concept of this campaign is to provide free parking for those who are leaving town during the break, the goal of this project is to eliminate vehicle crimes by getting as many vehicles off the city streets and private garages to park inside a structure that offers security.
Winter GIFT Parking and LAX Airport Shuttle:
Reservations for the Winter Break free parking and LAX Airport Shuttle service are now available online, through 2pm Thursday, December 7, 2017. There are a limited number of parking spaces and seats for the airport runs. Reservations are first come, first serve. Please visit the USC Department of Public Safety website for more details.
Secure Parking: http://dps.usc.edu/services/parking/
Airport Shuttles: https://dps.usc.edu/services/shuttles/
Happy Holidays to all and Fight On!
Published on December 2nd, 2017
Last updated on December 1st, 2017