USC Viterbi is excited
the class of 2023!
Save the date:
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Doctoral students will be hooded by their Dissertation Committee Chair during the ceremony. If the Dissertation Committee Chair is not present, graduates will be hooded by their Department Chair.
- 7:30am-8:00 am: Student check-in.
- 8:00am-8:30am: Students and guests enter the venue, students will sit in assigned seats, guests will have general seating.
- 8:30am-10:30am: Ceremony
- Reception with light refreshments following the ceremony at Associates Park, behind Bovard Auditorium.
Bovard Auditorium seats about 1000 guests. Please note there is only general seating for guests and it is first come first served. Keep this in mind when inviting guests. Graduates will have assigned seating
- PhD Hoods are dark blue.
- All students place their rental orders for cap and gown online.
- Graduates must be wearing robes and caps in order to enter the venue. Graduates are advised to bring their doctoral hood with the button unfastened.
- Tassels should be worn on the right side of the cap.
Pick Up Your Grad Card!
Grad Cards are required to participate in the Viterbi PhD Hooding Ceremony. They are used to announce your name as you cross the commencement stage. Grad Cards can be picked up in OHE 106 May 4 - May 11 between 9am-5pm.
Published on March 1st, 2019
Last updated on May 12th, 2023