Opportunity to participate in a virtual reality experiment

February 2, 2018

Dear Master’s and PhD students,

I am Gokce Ozcelik, a fourth year PhD student  at the department of Civil Engineering at USC. For my research, I will start running a human subject experiment the week of February 5th. The purpose of the experiment is to understand human-building interactions in immersive virtual environments.

This innovative virtual reality experiment takes place at KAP 241, it takes almost 1 hour. No prior preparation is required. Please show up at KAP 241 5-10 minutes before the scheduled time. Snacks and refreshments will be provided. Participants will get a chance to have a short research happy hour after the experiment, get to know more about research, virtual environments, women in science and engineering, and get a chance to visit iLab-Innovation in Integrated Informatics (our research lab where the magic happens)!

Also, if you are interested in our studies, you are always welcome to volunteer in iLab (it might interest students (especially but not limited to) in engineering, architecture, informatics, CS, psychology, social sciences, statistics since our studies are mostly interdisciplinary). You can always contact me (gozcelik@usc.edu), my PhD advisor (Dr. Burcin Becerik-Gerber, becerik@ usc.edu) or my colleagues to discuss the available options.

Please refer to the attached recruitment flyer for further details.

Recruitment Flyer for Human Building Interactions in Immersive Virtual Environments (IVEs) experiment

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Gokce Ozcelik
Viterbi Fellow
Ph.D Student in Civil and Environmental Engineering
Viterbi School of Engineering
Email: gozcelik@usc.edu
3620 S. Vermont Avenue, Kaprielian Hall 217, Los Angeles, CA 90089-2531
Website: http://i-lab.usc.edu/

Published on February 2nd, 2018

Last updated on January 19th, 2021