Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is currently accepting applications for the prestigious Distinguished Staff Fellowship Program.
ORNL is the largest and most diverse science and energy laboratory in the US Department of Energy (DOE) system. ORNL’s Distinguished Staff Fellowship Program plays a vital role in ensuring the accomplishment of the Laboratory’s mission of delivering scientific discoveries and technological breakthroughs needed to realize solutions in energy and national security and provide economic benefit to the nation.
The goal of the Distinguished Staff Fellowship Program is to identify and develop future ORNL leaders in science and technology. The Program offers early-career scientists and engineers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to conduct world-class research at a premier institution, providing generous support as the Fellows initiate long-term careers at the Laboratory.
ORNL’s strategic research areas for this round of the Program include:
- Accelerating the discovery and design of new materials and chemical processes for energy
- Scaling computing and data analytics to exascale and beyond
Advancing the science and impact of neutrons
- Advancing the scientific basis for breakthrough nuclear technologies and systems
- Advancing the understanding of complexity in biological and environmental systems
- Enhancing strategic capabilities in isotope R&D and production
- Accelerating R&D and manufacturing of integrated energy systems
- Delivering science and technology to address complex security challenges
We are also expanding our research efforts in the following areas:
- Cyber Physical Systems
- Quantum Materials and Information Sciences
- Quantitative Biology and Genome Security
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Applicants must have received their doctoral degree in a science or engineering field before their start date and can be no more than five years beyond receiving their highest technical degree at the date of application submission. Current ORNL postdoctoral researchers and ORNL staff members are not eligible to apply. For more information regarding the Wigner, Weinberg, and Russell Fellowships available through the ORNL Distinguished Staff Fellowships Program, please visit our website.
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 29, 2019.
We respectfully urge you to share this opportunity with your colleagues and encourage outstanding doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers to apply.
Published on February 28th, 2019
Last updated on February 28th, 2019