The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine is accepting applications for the 2020 Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs. Eligibility and online application information are available on the Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs website.
Through its Fellowship Programs, the Ford Foundation seeks to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, to maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and to increase the number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
• U. S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), as well as individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA) program1, political asylees, and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation
• Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors or other designations), and
• Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level in a research-based field of science, social science, or humanities
Eligibility includes individuals with current status under the DACA Program, as well as individuals whose status may have lapsed but who continue to meet all the USCIS guidelines for DACA available here.
• Predoctoral–$24,000 per year for three years
• Dissertation–$25,000 for one year
• Postdoctoral–$45,000 for one year
Awardees will have expenses paid to attend at least one Conference of Ford Fellows. Approximately 70 predoctoral, 36 dissertation, and 24 postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded.
Application Deadline Dates:
• Predoctoral: December 17, 2019 (5:00 PM EST)
• Dissertation: December 10, 2019 (5:00 PM EST)
• Postdoctoral: December 10, 2019 (5:00 PM EST)
Supplementary Materials receipt deadline for submitted applications is January 7, 2020 (5:00 PM EST)
Published on October 1st, 2019
Last updated on October 1st, 2019