Viterbi Zoom Rooms
DEN@Viterbi has outfitted various Viterbi classrooms with Zoom Room capabilities. Users can utilize the rooms on their own to connect to their Zoom meetings from the control panel.
- DRB 146
- RTH 105, 109, 115 (Coming Soon)
Mobile Zoom Systems
Instructions for using the mobile zoom systems in these classrooms: DRB351, KAP107, KAP160, KAP267, RRB101, SAL109, SAL127, OHE540, OHE542
Zoom Room Instructions
- Using the Zoom Room touch interface, tap Join.
- Enter the Meeting ID using the numeric keypad.
- Tap Join.
- Finally, enter the meeting passcode if required, then tap Confirm to join.
To add the Zoom Room to a course Zoom meeting:
- The instructor who is the meeting host should first login and start the meeting using the Zoom application on their laptop or other device.
- Then, also using the Zoom application on their laptop (not the Zoom Room touch interface), using the meeting host control bar, click Participants.
- In the Participants panel, click Invite.
- In the Invite people to join meeting... window, click the Zoom Rooms tab.
- Scroll through the list of Zoom Rooms or search until you find the one that corresponds with your teaching space (DRB 146).
- Click Invite.
- The Zoom meeting will "ring" the Zoom Room touch interface. Using the Zoom Room's touch panel, tap Accept.
- Tap the “New Meeting” button
- Once the meeting has started, click on “Manage Participants” to select rooms, contacts, and/or H.323/SIP endpoints to invite.
- In the Participants window, click on “Invite” in the lower left corner
- If you are inviting another Zoom room, type the name of the room in the “Search” box
- If you are inviting by email address, click on “Email” on the top, tap the “To:” field and enter the email address. Once you have completed the email address, click on “Send Invitation”
- Your participants will automatically join the meeting once they accept the invitation.
- You can use the in-room computer, plug in one or two BYOD device(s) (if applicable), or use the document camera
- Select the content source under the “Projector Routing” section on the touch panel
- *OPTIONAL* A local recording on the in-room encoder via Panopto can be started by pushing the record button on the touch panel
DEN Instructional Operations
Published on January 19th, 2022
Last updated on August 18th, 2022