USC Department of Public Safety (DPS) and LAPD are doing their best to protect our students. A few highlights among our resources are:
Campus Cruiser – A free USC taxi to take you home at night.
*Please note Campus Cruiser Program has been suspended until Spring 2022.
Free Lyft rides - still available at UPC and HSC. Students, faculty, and staff now have access to free rides provided by Lyft. The rides must be within the UPC or HSC geofence and be within a qualifying time frame.
Visit our Lyft page for more information.
Key features of the “LiveSafe” App include:
- Immediate “push button” calls to either the Department of Public Safety or 911 for immediate response during an emergency.
- Anonymous messaging for reporting suspicious behavior, unsafe situations, or any other safety concerns.
- A “Safewalk” function, that allows users to alert selected friends that they are on the way to a destination (for example, “On my way back to Parkside from Leavey Library, be there in 15 minutes”) so they can monitor their progress and help keep them safe.
Blue light emergency phones are located throughout the University Park and Health Sciences campuses. The phones are connected to the USC Department of Public Safety’s 24-hour communications center and identify the phone location if the caller is unable to talk. The phones can be used to request an escort, report suspicious activity, and report crimes.
Download a printable map of blue light phone locations.
Why? – By registering your bicycle, you will help DPS identify your bike if it is lost, stolen, recovered, or impounded. There is no cost for the registration.
- For USC Students, Faculty, and Staff: Laptop Revcovery Software from Frontdoor Solutions
- Leavey Library provides laptop cable locks at no cost to you to use while you are studying at the library. Visit the circulation desk located on the first floor to checkout a cable lock.
If you have lost an item, you may call (213) 821-2626 at UPC, or (323) 442-1200 at HSC. You may also contact DPS here for Lost and Found services.
The university reserves the right to restrict or prohibit access to university property and to prohibit certain activities on campus. Please review campus access policy and guest registration details here.
Published on April 29th, 2022
Last updated on April 29th, 2022