LAUNCH Sales Engineer (9000001313)
We deliver the possibilities of data. You define what’s possible.
The power of data is undeniable. A world that’s more predictive, more productive and more personal enables smarter decisions, breakthrough discoveries and deeper connections. As a leading provider of data storage devices and solutions, Western Digital delivers the possibilities of data. Join the team, and define what’s possible.
We are seeking highly motivated students to be a part of our Launch program. These full-time paid roles are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job and supplemental training and a robust mentorship program. You get to work alongside the brightest minds in the industry to drive the innovation necessary to outpace new demands and challenges created by data. We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of what data can do. Help unlock its full potential.
* Sales organization in Newark, CA.
* A Sales Engineer (SE) partners with one or more Account Executives (AE) to develop an enterprise account base and meet assigned sales quotas in a defined territory. Through a combination of deep storage expertise and extensive field experience, a SE will manage all technical activities during the sales cycle. A SE must possess the ability to convince technical decision makers of the merits of our solution versus competitive alternatives. This is a “hands on” role and the SE must be comfortable with deployment and some post-Sales work as well.
* Travel: Regular travel, some overnight; quarterly travel for training.
* Technical counterpart to the sales account executives. Explain the technical benefits of the solutions and products. Come up with the correct configuration to sell to the customer, and educating the customer on the pros and cons of all presented solutions. Will teach storage, and will be outfacing and working with people often. Many regional events, and more in the field versus in your cube.
* Current (U.S. Domestic/Citizen) student, pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or
Electrical Engineering and graduating between December 2017 and June 2018
* Minimum of 3.0 GPA
* Exceptional written, verbal, and customer communication and presentation skills (regular presentations)
* Strong technical skills in area of study
* Interest in HDD, flash, semiconductor, components, nonvolatile memory industry
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Strong team-player who can collaborate with colleagues
* Candidate will be self-motivated, customer oriented, resourceful, and enthusiastic.
* Expertise in customized storage solutions such as system installation, data migration, and application storage
provisioning and backup and recovery procedures.
* Competitive landscape knowledge in troubleshooting and interfacing with storage systems, both NAS and
SAN. Storage experience in filer applications such as NAS (CIFS, NFS), back-up applications
(Veeam/Commvault) and data migration tools or techniques and virtualization products such as VMware,
Citrix, and HyperV.
* Experience in working with server environment running UNIX, Linux, or Windows. Hands-on networking
experience and troubleshooting with Fibre Channel and Ethernet/iSCSI technologies.
* Familiarity with SNMP and management frameworks such as HP, OpenView, and Tivoli is a plus
APPLY THROUGH CONNECT SC, ID: 169875
Published on April 22nd, 2018
Last updated on September 2nd, 2022