Learn about Vocareum!
Vocareum hosted a webinar with USC Viterbi on Friday, November 6th, 2020. The webinar included discussions and use cases by some of our Viterbi faculty.
You can now create and release auto-graded multiple-choice questions (MCQs) using Vocareum's markdown-like language. These assessments may be presented side-by-side with your hands-on lab environment. Please read Vocareum's detailed help documentation and/or watch the video introduction of this feature.
- (BETA) Building Graded Single- and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ)
- (BETA) Releasing Single- and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ)
Vocareum helps you upgrade on-campus computer labs and deliver on the promise of the cloud. Anywhere, anytime.
- CLOUD LABS - Supporting coursework in Computer Science, Data Science, Big Data, Web Development, Robotics, animation and more.
- NATIVE NOTEBOOK SUPPORT - Provide code comment, auto grade and run plagiarism detection on notebook assignments directly from Jupyter Notebook, RStudio and more.
- CLOUD IDE - No installation - work in the browser with access to all required tools and resources.
- ASSIGNMENT MANAGEMENT - Set up rules and resources for assignments with easy deployment of strategies like peer review and team projects.
- GRADING AUTOMATION - Simplify grading by running your scripts against the students' work in our cloud computing infrastructure.
- PLAGIARISM DETECTION - Deploy sophisticated and configurable algorithms to measure similarity with other students' code.
Important: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a course site with Vocareum.
- You will have receive an email invitation to join Vocareum.
- Simply click on the link in the email and it will take you to the login page.
- If you don't have the email, please go to login page and hit forgot password after you enter your email.
Vocareum has created a course for your class. You now have the ability to do the following:
- Configure some "basic" class parameters like the name of the class, by selecting "Settings" option from the Setup page.
- Create and Publish Assignments
- Add your assignment in your D2L Brightspace course. (How to add Vocareum in D2L Brightspace)
Assess Submitted Assignments
- Provide in-context feedback to the students
- Manually grade the students work by running their code on the Vocareum cloud platform
- Auto-grade the class submissions by using your grading script
Published on September 11th, 2020
Last updated on September 20th, 2023