Employer Supported Payment Options
The following information is for graduate students receiving tuition asssistance from their employer.
The charges paid by the sponsor can vary — some will pay for tuition and mandatory fees, others will also pay for parking, housing, dining, or other charges. The student is responsible for paying any charges not authorized by the agency.
For more information on how to arrange for corporate billing or how to become a Corporate Partner, please contact DEN@Viterbi.usc.edu.
Corporate Billing Partners Include:
- Boeing Billing
To arrange payment by Boeing directly to USC please follow these steps:
Complete the application on Boeing LTP site (Boeing intranet). When you receive the voucher, please email it to email@example.com or Fax: 213-740-0835.
Boeing employees can find additional information by visiting the Boeing-USC Viterbi Partnership.
- UTC Billing
Please email the ESP forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 213-740-0835. You have to mail this form for each semester you are enrolled.
Questions for existing corporate billing partners can be directed to email@example.com.
The Viterbi School Tuition Deferment Program was established to assist students working in industry with the “up front” payment of tuition and mandatory fees if their companies reimburse after the semester is over and upon presentation of the final grade. The program only applies to tuition and mandatory fees. Fees such as tuition refund insurance and parking will not be deferred.
All requirements must be met in order to be considered eligible for the tuition deferment program:
- You must be an Admitted or Limited USC Master’s student at the Viterbi School of Engineering
- You must be an employee of a company that provides tuition reimbursement benefits at the rate of 75% or more
- Your company must approve your participation in the tuition deferment program
How to Apply – ONLINE
- Obtain an authorization letter, scan or save as PDF format
- Letter must indicate your approved participation in the deferment program and state that the company’s tuition reimbursement benefits at the rate of 75% or more
- Letter must refer to the specific semester of the deferment
- Letter must be printed on company letterhead and signed by your manager or human resources representative
- Upon receipt of the correct documents and credit card payment ($30), USC staff will defer your tuition and mandatory fees. Any other fees, such as tuition refund insurance, parking or health services will not be deferred. You will receive a Statement of Account each month from the University sent to your USC email account.
- Application Deadline – students must apply for deferment before the drop/add deadline for each semester.
- Please have your company support letter (pdf format) and credit card ready for the online application and payment.
- Online Tuition Deferment Application
Failure to pay the deferment balance in full will result in the accrual of late fees and finance charges which the Viterbi School of Engineering cannot waive.
Boeing and UTC employees should not apply for Tuition Deferment since these companies are set up to be directly billed. Please visit the Corporate Billing section above for instructions on how to submit the necessary information.
Financial Obligation to the University
Every individual student has a financial obligation to the University and is responsible for paying the tuition and fees to USC by the due date, even if the student does not receive the company’s reimbursement for any reason. All other University policies, procedures and deadlines applicable to students in general apply also to students on the Industry Deferment Program. If you have any questions about University practices and whether they apply to you, please contact Susanna Sahakian (firstname.lastname@example.org / 213-740-8198) immediately.