Homework and Exams
Homework and Exam policies and procedures for distance students.
If you are a new DEN@Viterbi student, please read both sections carefully by clicking the two tabs below. If you have any questions about submitting assignments or taking exams as a remote student, please don’t hesitate to contact our offices.
Technical Support Center
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00AM-10:00PM
- The DEN Exam Coordinator notifies students via e‐mail of their examination date, time, and location approximately one week before a test date.
- Midterm exam dates are announced by the course instructor.
- Final exam dates are available on the university website’s Schedule of Classes.
Proctoring fees should be paid to the testing center and are due at the time of the examination. Fees will vary from location to location and are paid by the student directly to the testing center.
- Examinations administered at authorized testing centers must be held at, or as close as possible to, the same time that the examination is taken by students on campus.
- DEN will identify and coordinate with local testing centers and notify students and proctors of the examination date, time and location. To accommodate students in other time zones, or if there is a conflict with testing center hours, the examination may be given at a time different from on‐campus. In these cases, the examination will take place as close to the actual on‐campus examination time as possible.
- In the event of mandatory business travel, students are still required to take the exam at an authorized testing center. The student must inform the Exams Coordinator of the mandatory business travel destination at least two weeks in advance so that necessary proctoring arrangements can be made.
- A letter from the student’s supervisor on company letterhead is required in advance to verify mandatory business travel during the date(s) of the exam. The letter must include the supervisor’s signature, title and contact information. Please scan this letter and email to the Exam Coordinator at email@example.com and mail the original to DEN.